Williams Baptist University seeks applicants for the position of Technology Support Specialist. This full-time position supports the Director of Technology to facilitate the efficient use and support of technology on campus. This includes installation, maintenance, and support for desktop computers, iPads and Apple TVs, software, network devices, WiFi, LAN wiring, and audio/video.
- Support faculty, staff, and student use of iPads.
- Provide guidance and support in classroom learning technology (Apple TVs, projectors, etc.).
- Maintenance and repair of computers and peripherals.
- Troubleshooting wide array of electronic devices and technologies.
- Installation and maintenance of software including operating systems.
- Maintenance of campus computer labs.
- Assist with maintenance of all LAN and wireless networks on campus.
- Installation and repair of network and phone cabling.
- Telephone tech support.
- Monitoring of web-based Help Desk.
- Assist with backups of all servers on campus.
- Assist with maintenance and setup of audio/video equipment.
- Assist with troubleshooting network outages, including remotely checking in on nights/weekends.
- Maintenance and monitoring of dorm WiFi networks.
- Support of campus phone system.
- Support security department in use of security cameras and key card access systems.
- Experience in the support and repair of a wide variety of technologies.
- Ability to research and learn unfamiliar or new technology.
- Competent in troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of modern network topologies, routing/switching, and wiring.
- Flexible in handling new or changing support roles.
- Two years experience working in technology field.
- Must be comfortable with attaining training and certification in Apple hardware and software repair. Candidates with current certification or experience in the troubleshooting and repair of Apple devices preferred.
- The applicant should be an active follower of Jesus Christ and committed to the university’s spiritual and academic mission.
Founded in 1941, Williams Baptist University is an evangelical Christian liberal arts university, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). It is located in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, and has an average enrollment of 500 students. Owned and operated by the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, the University takes seriously its identity as a Christian institution in the Baptist tradition. We are committed to producing exceptional graduates prepared to competently engage local and global cultures through a Christ-centered worldview. We accomplish this by providing an excellent, holistically Christian, liberal arts education while compassionately shaping student lives. More information about the University’s history, mission, and vision can be reviewed on this website.
Applicants must be individuals of the highest Christian character, competent professionals, and servant leaders. Applicants should complete WBU’s online application at this link and then email a resume, statement of faith and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. A review of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.