Williams Baptist University seeks applications for the position of Provost and Executive Vice President for Campus Life (Provost/ExVPCL). The Provost/ExVPCL serves as the chief academic officer and the chief student development officer for the University. This position is responsible to develop and implement strategic planning initiatives for academics, campus ministries, athletics, and student affairs that assist the University to achieve its mission and fulfill its vision. The Provost/ExVPCL has primary responsibility for executive leadership in all matters pertaining to students and student life.
The Provost/ExVPCL must possess innovative leadership abilities; personnel supervision skills; knowledge of complex accreditation issues and policies as well as financial and legal issues pertaining to university-level student functions; and a capacity to administrate appropriate university-level operations. Among the many abilities required for this position are leadership; communication/interpersonal relations skills; strategic planning experience; and administrative/organizational skills.
Specific responsibilities include administrative oversight for all faculty and academic programs; athletic personnel and programs; campus ministries staff and programs; student affairs staff and programs; and responsibility for policies and decisions in all assigned areas. Other administrative/operational responsibilities may be assigned contingent upon background, experience, education, etc.
- Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet
- Provide executive-level personnel supervision for academics, athletics, student affairs, and campus ministries
- Supervise all decisions, procedures, and activities associated with assigned departments and areas
- Provide executive-level leadership for relevant departments regarding strategic planning as well as development and implementation for student-related initiatives
- Develop, assess, and supervise all institutional budgets associated with this position
- Develop, implement, and coordinate with appropriately-related academic and administrative departments and initiatives to assist in fundraising and participate in attainment of University fundraising goals and objectives as needed
- Ensure student needs and interests are being met through departmental services
- Ensure academic standards, athletic programs/policies, students affairs, and student counseling services are compliant with federal and state regulations as well as regional accreditation and athletic conference regulations and guidelines
- Other administrative/operational responsibilities may be assigned contingent upon experience and education of qualified candidate
- All other duties as assigned by the President
The Provost/ExVPCL receives direct leadership and supervision from the President.
The Provost/ExVPCL provides direct leadership and supervision for the following:
- Academic division and department chairs
- Director of Athletics and athletic staff
- Dean of Students
- Director of Campus Ministries
- Director of Counseling
- Other personnel as assigned by the President
- Required: Bachelors and Masters degree
- Preferred: Doctorate degree
- Required: Must have 10 years of formal training and experience that demonstrates leadership and strategic planning in Christian higher education administration and personnel management
- Preferred: Demonstrated familiarity working in a context of Christian liberal arts university
Founded in 1941, Williams Baptist University is an evangelical Christian liberal arts university, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). It is located in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, and has an average enrollment of 500 students. Owned and operated by the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, the University takes seriously its identity as a Christian institution in the Baptist tradition. We are committed to producing exceptional graduates prepared to competently engage local and global cultures through a Christ-centered worldview. We accomplish this by providing an excellent, holistically Christian, liberal arts education while compassionately shaping student lives. More information about the University’s history, mission, and vision can be reviewed on this website.
Applicants must be individuals of the highest Christian character, competent professionals, and servant leaders. Applicants should complete WBU’s online application at this link and then email a resume, statement of faith and references to email@example.com. A review of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.