Master of Arts in Teaching
Williams Baptist University in Walnut Ridge, Ark., offers the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
Engaging times are ahead for you as you prepare to become a licensed teacher and earn a master’s degree simultaneously! The Division of Graduate and Online Programs offers a Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT) with certification to teach mid-level, secondary students, and K-12 Broad Range Studies certifications such as Health & PE, Art, Music, & Family & Consumer Science. Graduates holding a BS or BA can earn a MAT following program admissions and by successfully completing 36 hours of coursework in educational pedagogy.
The twelve (12) required content courses are offered in a sequence, each course is scheduled in an 8-week term (summer courses are 7 weeks). Qualifying individuals can apply for an Arkansas Department of Education Provisional License. The Provisional License permits individuals to immediately seek employment as a teacher and fulfill MAT coursework requirements concurrently. Individualism and preference allow the program to be completed in 18 months.
The MAT program is fully online. Enrollment includes 24/7 technical assistance and it is designed with an instructor lead format in which the focus is on teacher excellence. The degree is created for disciplined learners who are interested in making a contribution to society and building positive educational relationships with learners. Teacher effectiveness is the result of purposeful coursework, peer and instructor communications, pertinent virtual experiences, and the examination of a variety of school cultures. The MAT standards are high and lead to proficiency in student performance. You will have access to a community of learners from whom you can give and receive a range of knowledge, from the trivial to the profound. You will be in good company with peers who have like goals, aspirations and plans. Joining this community of learners will enlighten and invigorate you as you prepare yourself to have a positive influence on the leaders of tomorrow.
Coordinator of Graduate Education Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org – 870-759-4230
applying is easy
The MAT degree can set on a path for the classroom
- The MAT degree is compatible with further studies such as educational specialist and doctoral programs.
- Graduated with a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited institution
- 2.75 Cumulative Undergraduate GPA or 3.0 in last 60 hours or 3.0 in Content Major of Baccalaureate degree
- GRE (No minimum score required)
- One Letter of Recommendation: Statement of academic ability
- One Letter of Recommendation: Statement of personal character
- Personal Statement Essay: 200 words regarding professional plans & reason to acquire graduate degree
graduate school admission deadlines
- Fall Application: August 15
- Spring Application: December 15
- Summer Application: April 30
- Tuition for online undergraduate coursework is $430 per credit hour. There are no additional fees required.
- Federal Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. FAFSA School Code: 001106
ready to apply?
- Submit your free online application.
Request your previous college transcripts be sent to:
Williams Baptist University
Office of Admissions
56 McClellan Drive
Walnut Ridge, AR 72476
Discover Yourself Here
Take the next steps in joining the WBU family!
Need information on our staff?