To provide an excellent, holistically Christian, liberal arts education, while compassionately shaping students’ lives.
Williams’ vision is to produce exceptional graduates prepared to engage local and global cultures through a Christ-centered worldview.
Agreeing with the Holy Bible that all individuals are created in God’s image, Williams seeks to nurture a diverse campus community that values and expresses respect for all peoples regardless of the sex, ethnicity, race, or culture.
Our Purpose Statements
- To provide opportunities to profess, practice, and strengthen one’s faith and to encounter biblical values.
- To provide a caring campus community with opportunities for service to others, leadership preparation, and wholesome recreation.
- To provide and assess programs of liberal arts, professional studies, and lifelong learning for a diversified traditional and non-traditional student body.
- To provide an organization responsive to the needs of students, personnel, programs, and facilities, with a commitment to planning and leadership.
- To provide an aesthetically pleasing campus glorifying to God’s creation.
- To provide and execute a plan which secures adequate resources to sustain and advance the institution.
- To provide a positive image of the quality programs, faculty, students, staff, and graduates of the University.
- To provide serviceable facilities which sustain the mission of the University.
- To provide a technologically sophisticated infrastructure which supports academic, student, and administrative services.
- To provide cultural experiences, thought provoking events, and educational enrichment for the campus community and the community at large.
- To provide a healthy athletic atmosphere which engages the team members, the campus community, and the community at large.
- To provide desirable housing for students and faculty.
Institutional Academic Goals
- To produce students who demonstrate an understanding of the Judeo-Christian heritage and Christian worldview.
- To produce students who demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively across the curriculum.
- To produce students who demonstrate the ability to reflect critically upon the environment, society, and self.
- To produce students who demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to become more effective problem solvers.
- To produce students who demonstrate an appreciation for a healthy lifestyle that will promote lifelong health and fitness.
- To produce students who demonstrate a competence in at least one particular body of knowledge.
Our Doctrinal Statement
Williams Baptist University is owned and operated by the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, through a Board of Trustees elected by the Convention. The following is our doctrinal statement:
WE BELIEVE that there is one God, manifest in three eternal persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit;
WE BELIEVE that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave and ascended into Heaven;
WE BELIEVE in the literal, imminent return of Jesus Christ to earth;
WE BELIEVE that the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life;
WE BELIEVE that man is a special creation of God, made in his image;
WE BELIEVE that mankind fell through the sin of the first man, Adam, and that all men are sinners in need of salvation;
WE BELIEVE that salvation is a gift given through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ;
WE BELIEVE that every person who truly is saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ;
WE BELIEVE that those persons who die in their sins spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven spend eternity in Heaven;
WE BELIEVE that baptism is in obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation;
WE BELIEVE that the church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the head;
WE BELIEVE that each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ;
WE BELIEVE in the separation of church and state, but not in the separation of God and government.
Discover Yourself Here
Take the next steps in joining the WBU family!